Open to all curlers over the age of 19. Teams may not have more than twenty (20) basis points.
Each player earns basis points by having participated in the following Provincial events in the past five (5) years. Each player earns points for only the highest point event listed. Provincials that lead to a National Championship (Tankard/Brier, Scotties, Mixed, Senior) Value = 10 points; Provincials hosted by CurlON (Colts, Trophy, Intermediates) Value = 5 points.
Each team may have a maximum of one (1) player with ten (10) basis points.
Maximum entries: Men – Thirty (30) Women – Twenty (20)
Dates, Deadlines and Locations
Open Division Location (Combined Event) Dates Entry Deadline Registration -Meaford Curling Club
-Stayner Granite CC
-Curling Club of Collingwood
-Beaver Valley Community Centre (Arena)
March 28-31st 2019 March 4th 2019 REGISTER
Rules and Competitor Guides
- All competitors must be citizens and residents of Canada.
- At time of online entry, all players and coaches must provide the OCA a signed waiver form (Exhibit # 6) which may require the signature of a parent or legal guardian if the participant is under the legal age (18) of majority in order to be eligible to compete.
- The curling aid commonly referred to as a “delivery stick” shall NOT be permitted at any level of this competition.
- By entering an Ontario Curling Association competition, each player thereby agrees:
- a) to act in accordance with and be bound by the rules and policies of the Ontario Curling Association and, where applicable, Curling Canada; and
- b) if the player wins the right to do so, to compete in successive levels of the competition except where prevented by unforeseen or unavoidable circumstances.
DOCUMENTS 2018/2019 Rules Supplement 2019 Competitor Guide