The Men’s Tankard is a competition for curlers (no restrictions) with teams comprised of four male players. Two teams advance to the provincial playdown.
Having troubles registering? See the step-by-step instructions for registration!
Dates, Deadlines and Locations
Location Start Date Entry Deadline Penetanguishene Curling Club 01/15/2016 01/10/2016
Rules for this Competition
This competition follows the:
Specific Rules for 2015-2016: Adult Competitions Leading to a Fully Sanctioned National Championship
Click to see:
2015-2016 OCA Rules Supplement 2015-2016 OCA Stick Specific Rules OCA Broom Moratorium January 2016 OCA Mixed Doubles Rules
- To be eligible to play in any competition, each team must have four (4) players who are members of the OCA member club they are representing.
- All competitors must be citizens or residents of Canada. Once per season, prior to their first game, all players and coaches must provide the OCA a signed waiver form (Exhibit # 6) which may require the signature of a parent or legal guardian if the participant is under the legal age (18) of majority in order to be eligible to compete.
- The thirty-two (32) winners of the sixteen (16) zone playdowns, which shall be double knockout, shall meet in regional playdowns, which shall be double knockout. Each region shall declare two (2) winners and the eight (8) winners shall meet in the finals, which shall be a round-robin event (unless otherwise specified below).
- The curling aid commonly referred to as a “delivery stick” shall not be permitted at any level of this competition.
- By entering an Ontario Curling Association competition, each player thereby agrees:
- a) to act in accordance with and be bound by the rules and policies of the Ontario Curling Association and, where applicable, the Canadian Curling Association; and
- b) if the player wins the right to do so, to compete in successive levels of the competition except where prevented by unforeseen or unavoidable circumstances.
Competition-specific rules are found in the PDF document linked above.
Year Club Skip 2015 St. Georges Golf & Country Club Peter Corner 2015 Guelph Curling Club Rob Rumfeldt 2014 Glencoe & District Curling Club Jake Higgs 2014 Donalda Curling Club John Epping 2013 Harriston Curling Club Jake Higgs 2013 Bradford & District Curling Club Joe Frans 2012 Arnprior Curling Club Chris Gardner 2012 Woodstock Curling Club Wayne Tuck 2011 Rideau Curling Club Howard Rajala 2011 Harriston Curling Club Jake Higgs 2010 Oshawa Curling Club Chris Gardner 2010 Sarnia Golf & Curling Club Rob Rumfeldt 2009 Oshawa Curling Club Joe Frans 2009 Sarnia Golf & Curling Club Peter Steski 2008 Tam Heather Curling & Tennis Club Mike Harris 2008 Kitchener-Waterloo Granite Club Daryl Shane 2007 Omemee Curling Club John Epping 2007 Sarnia Golf & Curling Club Heath McCormick 2006 Omemee Curling Club John Epping 2006 Coldwater & District Curling Club Glenn Howard 2005 RCMP Curling Club Bryan Cochrane 2005 Guelph Country Club Greg Balsdon 2004 Avonlea Curling Club Ed Werenich 2004 Ilderton Curling Club Kirk Ziola