Try Curling Now Showcase – New for 2020-21!
This program has been postponed until Spring 2021!
In an extended effort to help stimulate Club Membership, CurlON expands the Clinics Program this season to include a FREE TRY CURLING NOW Showcase. Up to 50 Member Clubs are eligible to receive a FREE clinic package, designed to attract new curlers and convert them to members. The Club puts out the red carpet, while CurlON provides a trained Clinics Program Instructor to lead your selected club volunteers in a 1-day session, presented in two parts:
- The first session is a 4-hour Try Curling Now drop-in, for first-time curlers in your community to experience the game.
- The second session is a 2-hour Adult Learn to Curl (AL2C) program training clinic with your selected club volunteers, receiving the basic know-how to continue instructing new registrants, during a 6-week continuation program.
CurlON works cooperatively with the club to help ensure the goals and objectives of the injection program:
The timeline for this event has been moved to the Spring of 2021. Clinic must be offered on a weekend date and provide the minimum 6 week programming prior to the club’s season closure.
CurlON Provides: A complete turn-key operational program:
- All marketing, registration & facilitation support with $ social media advertising
- Current technical content and certified CCP Instructor
- A fun participant experience, with many take-a-ways
- Volunteer training on all AL2C program content manual
- A community development program with exposure for the host club/sport
Host Club Provides: One day access at club and the following:
- Volunteer recruitment and identification for TCN/AL2C sessions
- Try Curling Now Showcase community drop-in (4 hours)
- AL2C volunteer training space and ice-time (2-hours max)
- Assists with room set-up and onsite registrant check-in
- Offers snacks/lunch/club information for participants
- Prepares the ice for all sessions
- Helps promote/advertise the event using all local media channels
- Provides 6-weeks of dedicated ice and programming to the AL2C registrants
8:30am Ice/Room set-up – Club Operations/Volunteers
9:30am -10:00am Volunteers receive details prior to sessions
10:00am-2:00pm TCN Showcase community participant drop-in (registration)
Snacks and information – Club putting on the shine!
2:00pm-3:00pm Lunch for Volunteers/Staff
3:00pm-5:00pm AL2C program Volunteer training clinic
Clubs may submit their request to host a Try Curling Now Showcase by January 15, 2021 HERE>>
For more information on the CurlON Clinics Program and the Free Clinic Series, please contact:
Laurence Bishop – 613-876-8150 or [email protected].