2019-2020 Curling Canada’s Hit Draw Tap Championship
Presented by: CurlON
Hit, Draw and Tap is back for the 2019-2020 Season and it’s going to bigger and better!
Hit Draw Tap or “HDT” as we like to call it, is a youth skills competition where kids age 6-13 compete as individuals. HDT will group kids into three different age categories, and perform three different shots, a “Hit,” a “Draw” and a “Tap.” The difficulty of the skills are modified based on the age of the child.
In 2019-2020 Ontario’s youth will have MORE WAYS TO PLAY! For 2019-2020 season only – CurlON is presenting the 2020-Ontario Hit Draw Tap Tour Championship. These additional competitive opportunities are being provided as Ontario is playing host to two major championships – the Continental Cup (London) and the Tim Horton’s Brier (Kingston).
Winners of the 2020-Ontario Hit Draw Tap Tour Championship will be declared at the Tim Horton’s Brier on March 8, 2020 at the Leon’s Centre in Kingston, ON.
WAYS TO QUALIFY FOR THE 2020-ONTARIO HIT DRAW TAP TOUR CHAMPIONSHIP:
- Top 4 finishers/age category at the CurlON Hit Draw Tap Provincial Championship – Cornwall, February 1, 2020.
- Clubs must host a Hit Draw Tap Club Championship
- Top 10 + ties/age category on the Hit Draw Tap Leaderboard advance to the CurlON Hit Draw Tap Provincials
- Youth from the London Area, have another chance to qualify, when area clubs (London, Highland, Ilderton and St. Thomas) will qualify one male and one female per age category to compete in a special competition to be hosted on January 11 & 12, 2020 at the Continental Cup in London. Top two finishers/age Category from the Continental Cup Competition will advance to the 2020 – Ontario Hit Draw Tap Tour Championship.
- Youth from the Greater Kingston Curling Clubs who compete in a Club Hit Draw Tap Competition will be entered in a raffle, where two local curlers per age category will be randomly selected to participate in the 2020 Ontario Hit Draw Tap Tour Championship.*
- All Youth who compete in a Hit Draw Tap Club Championship hosted by a CurlON Member Club will be entered in a raffle, where three curlers per age category will be randomly selected to participate in the 2020 Ontario Hit Draw Tap Tour Championship.*
- All Youth who compete in a Hit Draw Tap Club Championship hosted by a Northern Ontario Curling Association Member Club will be entered in a raffle where one curler per age category will be randomly selected to participate in the 2020 Ontario Hit Draw Tap Tour Championship.*
* Curlers must have competed in their club championship prior to January 6, 2020 Club Competition end date. Raffle date: January 15, 2020.
Curlers/Families are responsible for own travel, accommodation, meals for each level of competition.
Hit Draw Tap Club Championship (Club to Provincial)
All CurlON clubs in the province are encouraged to host an HDT competition at their convenience… last year some clubs ran it as a recruitment event during their OPEN HOUSE week, others built it into their Youth Curling Programs – practicing the skills as part of their regular programming, whatever works for your club is fine with us, as long as all club competitions are complete and results are received by January 6, 2020 at 9:00 am.
Participants will compete within their local club – and repeat each skill five times for a total score that will be compared against others in the province on a “Provincial Leaderboard” – the Top 10 curlers in each age group + ties will qualify for the Hit Draw Tap Provincial Championship to be held in Cornwall on Saturday, February 1, 2020 as part of the 2020 Ontario Men’s and Women’s Curling Championships.
Along the way participants will receive certificates, ribbons, medals, trophies, clothing and a chance to get their name on the biggest trophy you have ever seen!
Club Organizers – Find the Hosting Guide, Fillable Posters, Participant Registration forms, Participation Certificates, Leaderboard Instructions and Manual Scoresheets here: CLUB ORGANIZER RESOURCES.
A HOSTING KIT – consisting of three medals (first place), three 2nd and three 3rd place ribbons and participation certificates will be mailed to the address registered on the club registration. Clubs should register well ahead of their competition date to allow time for Hosting Kits to arrive by mail.
Leaderboard – and Web-based scoring tool is available for clubs to enter their scores. The Web-based scoring tool will feed into a National and Provincial Leaderboard which will be posted at www.hitdrawtap.ca.
Parents – Ask your club’s Youth Curling Coordinator or Club Manager to see if your club is hosting a Hit Draw Tap Championship this season.
|Name of the Club||Planned Date for Club Competition|
|Deep River Curling and Squash Club||January 4, 2020|
|Paris Curling Club||December 8, 2019|
|Chinguacousy Curling Club|
|Brampton Curling Club||December 8, 2019|
|Metcalfe Curling Club||December 15, 2019|
|Elmira & District Curling Club||December 8, 2019|
|D. Roy Kennedy Public School Student Curling League||December 18, 2019|
|London Curling Club|
|Cornwall Curling Centre||December 15, 2019|
|Dixie Curling Club||December 1, 2019|
|Ayr Curling Club||December 8, 2019|
|Royal Kingston Curling Club||December 8, 2019|
|Brockville Country Club||December 8, 2019|
|RA Curling Club||December 14, 2019|
|Penetanguishene Curling Club||December 16, 2019|
|Richmond Curling Club||December 3, 2019|
|Elora Curling Club|
|Chatham Granite Curling Club||December 12, 2019|
|City View Curling Club||December 8, 2019|
|Port Perry Curling Club||December 17, 2019|
|Huntley Curling Club||December 22, 2019|
|King Curling Club|
2015-2016: Final Standings – Provincials.
2017-2018: Winners – Provincials
2018-2019: Hit Draw Tap Results for 2018-2019
Have questions about the competition? – contact Jennifer Ferris at [email protected] or 905-527-0352