Free Clinic Series
NOTE: Host application for the 2021-22 Free Clinic Series is now OPEN. Clubs who express interest in hosting by April 30th will be contacted with next steps. Club hosts cancelled due to COVID last season will be given preference, but must apply.
CurlON hosts a series of one-day (weekend only) events, with a program offering free 3-hour Skills Analysis clinics in both traditional and stick delivery. Optional video and strategy clinics are also provided at a cost.
Club Members may claim their free 3-hr clinic at any of the events offered on the schedule. CurlON will schedule at least ONE series event at a Member Club in each of CurlON’s 16 zones, with some zones offering more than one event to meet the market requirement.
Series Timeline: Series offered between October 16, 2021, concluding by February 20, 2022.
CurlON Provides: A complete turn-key operational program:
- All marketing, registration and facilitation support
- Current technical content and certified CCP Instructors
- An exceptional participant experience, with many take-a-ways
- All technical and presentation equipment
- A community development program with exposure for the host club/sport
Host Club: Provides/receives the following:
- Venue subsidy offered via formula: # sheets x 6 hours x 12.50/hr
(4 sheets = $300.00, 6 sheets = $450.00, 8 sheets = $600.00)
- Assists with room set-up
- Offers lunch for participants at advertised rate and provides all instructor meals.
- Prepares the ice for AM session and again over lunch prior for PM session.
- Helps promote/advertise the event to both their membership and other clubs within their Zone.
Event Timeline *Schedule may be modified to accommodate host club:
8:30am Room set-up
9:30am Onsite participant registration
10:00am 3-hr Free Skills Analysis (Traditional, 8-1 ratio, Max registration 8 x # sheets)
2:00pm 3-hr Free Skills Analysis (Traditional/Stick: 8-1 ratio), 3-hr Video Clinic (6-1 ratio)
3:00pm 2-hr Strategy Clinic (Max 24 regs)
Available Event Dates:
|October||16, 23, 30||17, 24, 31|
|November||6, 13, 20, 27||7, 14, 21, 28|
|December||4, 11||5, 12|
|January:||8, 15, 22, 29||9, 16, 23, 30|
|February||5, 12, 19||6, 13, 20|
For questions on the CurlON Clinics Program and the Free Clinic Series, please contact Laurence Bishop [email protected]