The Ontario Curling Council (OCC) is the Provincial Sport Organization for amateur curling in Ontario. The OCC works collaboratively with its members the Ontario Curling Association and the Northern Ontario Curling Association to deliver programs, services and competitions for recreational and competitive curlers throughout the province.
Pending approval of bylaw revisions, the Ontario Curling Council is currently seeking interested individuals to serve as Independent Councillors on the Ontario Curling Council (ie. Board of Directors). Independent Councillors will be elected at a Special General Meeting to be held in October 2015.
Potential Independent Councillors will possess one or more of the following skills and attributes:
- Commitment and capacity (time, energy, expertise) to fulfill the commitment as a Councillor
- Knowledge about roles and responsibilities of a Councillor, Council and Staff
- Experience in formulating policy
- Experience in thinking strategically
- Knowledge about the community of sport
- Ability to identify principal business risks and ensure implementation of appropriate systems to manage those risks
- Knowledge of organizational performance mechanisms and ability to monitor, evaluate and report Involvement and/or awareness of the sport of curling including its presence in the community locally, provincially and/or nationally
- Technical expertise in the sport of curling, being high performance coaching, competitive play
- Ethical and values based behaviour
- Representative of client population (athlete & Coach)
- Other attributes valued by the Council
- Accounting designation (CA, CMA, CGA)
- Legal designation (LL.B)
- Professional qualifications (MD, PhD, MBA, Sport Science)
- Personnel Management (Human Resource Professional designation)
- Media/Marketing/Public Relations contacts/experience
- Awareness of Fundraising methods, grant applications and processes
- Administration/Management/Investment experience
- Advocacy/Government Relations/contacts
- Organizational development/Strategic Planning experience
- Other skills valued by the Council.
Three Independent Councillors will be elected to a total of three positions, for a term of one, two or three years. Independent Councillors will be elected by current Councillors who represent the membership.
Interested individuals are asked to submit a resume outlining relevant skills and experience by September 20, 2015 to “Chair, Ontario Curling Council” [email protected]. Only candidates being nominated for election will be notified.
Questions may be directed to Rick Meraska, Chair at [email protected] or Jennifer Ferris, Manager, Programs and Operations at [email protected] or 289-527-0352.
The above posting can be found here: Independent Councillors